Thank you for your interest in the USC Asian Pacific Film Fest (USC APFF). This inaugural event will showcase the short films of USC students and alumni that are about, of interest to, or made by Asian or Pacific Islander (API) Trojans. The USC Asian American Cinema Association and USC Asian Pacific Alumni Association have teamed up to give voice to up-and-coming filmmakers and storytellers.
All submissions will be screened by the USC APFF Selection Committee. A final slate of submissions will be shown at the Film Festival on October 15, 2017 at the USC School of Cinematic Arts Complex. From those shown, our Honorary Jury will select a film to receive the Jury Award. Additionally, audience votes will determine the coveted Audience Award.
Please note the following guidelines for submissions:
* Applicant must be a current USC student or alumnus/alumna.
* Applicant must be credited as a producer, director, and/or screenwriter of the submission.
* Applicant must be a member of the API community AND/OR the submission must be about or of interest to members of the API community. Non-API filmmakers with API-centered films and API filmmakers with non-API-centered films are encouraged to apply.
* Submitted films may be no more than 15 minutes in length. Your submission has a greater likelihood of being chosen if it is less than 10 minutes in length.
* Scenes, trailers, or otherwise incomplete films will not be accepted.
* School of Cinematic Arts class projects are admissible, but SCA equipment may not be used to produce non-class-related films.
* Submitted films must have been completed within the past 18 months. No submissions will be accepted that are earlier unless they have recently been significantly edited/updated.
Closing date for entries is midnight on Monday, July 31, 2017.