The Band & Orchestra Boosters is an active group of parents working to promote and enrich the Gunn High School Instrumental Music program. Even in this unprecedented school year where our classes will function differently, the Music Boosters will continue to give essential support to the music ensembles and students. As you know, the music classes will be held in a different format for at least the first semester. Our needs will be changing as the environment changes but our goals are to continue offering robust music offerings that require your support.
By donating to the Boosters, you are ensuring the crucial success of the Gunn Band and Orchestra ensembles. Boosters help fund:
• Instrument purchases and repairs
• The Boosters help maintain over 300 school owned instruments and large percussion instruments
• Additional mouthpieces, bows and cleaning supplies for instruments in light of Covid-19
• Additional software support for online learning
• Sheet music purchases
• One selection of music that you may hear during a concert costs between $50-$100 on average
• Scholarships to ensure all students can participate in the music program
• Guest conductors, musical tutors, and music consultants - even if virtually
Donation Levels and Benefits:
In the past, your donation level guaranteed admission to all the concerts throughout the year. Although we're hoping for live concerts at some point, your donation will continue to support the high-quality of Gunn Music and its students as well as provide free admission to any live performances we are able to have.
Please note Gunn Music Boosters is a combination of Band and Orchestra ensembles only. If you wish to donate to the Gunn Choir Boosters, please go to their webpage.