PCC's TRIO SSS program is funded by a United States Department of Education grant. Total funds for 2017-2018 - $340,265.00.
The goal of TRIO SSS is to help students graduate with a degree within four years. It provides holistic support to 220 TRIO SSS participants each year, with a wide range of FREE services, to include:
- academic, financial aid, career, and transfer advising;
- student success workshops and coaching;
- 1:1 tutoring;
- scholarship application assistance;
- leadership development;
- cultural, career and community events;
- volunteer opportunities;
- 4-year University transfer tours;
- resume assistance;
- mock interviews;
- letters of recommendation;
- personal support;
- and much more!
Students participate in TRIO SSS throughout their enrollment at PCC. It is expected that participants meet with their TRIO SSS coach and engage in program activities each semester.