Humble Area Retired Teachers Association is offering a scholarship for up to $500 per applicant to Humble ISD educators. Applicants must be employed by Humble ISD for at least three years and must meet one of the criteria below to qualify for this scholarship:
HARTA Educator Scholarships can support:
- Works as a classroom teacher or a para-educator, counselor, librarian, academic lead teacher, administrator or other school staff who has direct contact with students in an educational setting; Or
- Works in a district department that provides direct educational support to classroom teachers
Awards will be sent directly to the post-secondary institution, certification program provider, or workshop/conference registration entity.
- Tuition pursuing an advanced degree that will further careers in education;
- Alternative teaching certification for para-educators; or
- Professional development (registration fees only)
HARTA Contact for applicants with questions: Ms. Susan Burroughs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Requirements, if awarded: Awardees will be required to submit a report upon completion of coursework or attendance to a professional development event detailing the impact the scholarship funded educational experience had in preparing them to be more effective educators.
The deadine to submit an application for this scholarship is January 31, 2018.
If you would like to submit an application, please continue to the next page.