Thank you for your interest in the AACT Chemistry Teacher of the Year Award.
There will be one winner from High School, Middle School, and Elementary School. Each winner will win a $1,000 cash prize and a free AACT membership renewal.
The application for the AACT Teacher of the Year consists of three parts:
Outstanding AACT Teachers of the Year will be chosen primarily based on two criteria of approximately equal value:
- A completed application questionnaire
- A letter of support written by a non-family member which should provide evidence of effective teaching and learning, impact on colleagues and nominee’s active involvement in the teaching profession
- A brief resume or curriculum vitae which is not more than two pages long and highlights the last five (5) years of your teaching career
- Outstanding contributions to the chemistry teaching profession
- Outstanding contributions to AACT
All nominees must be AACT members to be considered for the award. Winners will be selected by the AACT Nominating & Awards Committee.
Applications close February 28, 2019.