- Be an AACT member. Not a member? Join now!
- Be a current K–12 teacher of chemistry! (Including K–5 science teachers, 6–8 physical science teachers, and 9–12 chemistry teachers)
- Submit your lesson plan summary through the entry form below anytime through July 31, 2021. (You may submit more than one entry!)
- Don't delay! Submission ideas will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and applicants will be informed very quickly about the status of their entry.
- If chosen, use the AACT template to create a lesson plan document for the specific idea described in your entry.
To enter the contest, please complete the entry form below. You will be required to summarize an exciting, original lesson plan idea that incorporates a ChemMatters article. The lesson plan should be designed to include several components in addition to the use of the article (for example a lab activity, a teacher demonstration, an online simulation, an activity, etc.) For reference, see several published lesson plans in the AACT library that incorporate a ChemMatters article:
Lesson plans should be appropriate for either a K–8 classroom or a high school classroom. We are looking for very unique and exciting lesson ideas (please be sure to check the AACT Classroom Resource Library to make sure your idea hasn't been previously published)! If chosen, you will create a full lesson plan, using the AACT template for the specific idea described in the winning entry.
Any questions can be directed to email@example.com. Feel free to check out the AACT website at teachchemistry.org!