The ChemClub Community Activities Grant supports chartered ChemClubs wishing to make a local impact through community interactions! This can be accomplished through service projects or improving science learning experiences.
Examples of ideas from past grant recipients include:
- Water quality testing in the local community, and sharing results with local leaders
- Science Event(s) for a local Elementary/Middle School
- Farmer's Market Science Activities Booth
There are some exciting updates to the ChemClub Community Activities Grant process for the 2021–2022 school year:
- The grant application is open from August 1, until November 1.
- Applications will be reviewed and decided on a rolling basis — meaning ChemClub applicants will be informed very quickly about the status of their grant application.
- This quick turnaround is aimed at allowing Clubs the ability to use grant funds quickly and/or plan events in the early part of the school year.
- All grant funds will be distributed as Flinn Scientific Gift Certificates. Grant applications must explain how funds will be used.
- Earn up to $300 to support your activity, or up to $500 if you are working together with another ChemClub, ACS Student Chapter, or ACS Local Section!