The 6th Annual CO-LEADS Student Summit
Micro Actions - Mega Impact
Colorado Leadership for Equity, Advocacy, and Discovering Social Justice
Friday, October 17, 2013 - 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The CO-LEADS conference was established in 2009 by a group of individuals on the Auraria and DU campuses as a way to bridge discussions of leadership and social justice in a meaningful way. The Summit invites college students from across Colorado to join in discussions of social justice, activism, advocacy, and social change. Throughout the day students participate in a number of workshops that challenge, grow, and inspire them to make change in their own lives and their communities. For more information or to register visit our website at: http://www.du.edu/cme/programs-services/coleads.html
This year, we'll be exploring the theme: Micro Actions - Mega Impact. Our keynote and breakout sessions will engage self-awareness, social systems, personal skills and collaborative action through this lens. We are seeking proposals that will move beyond a simple awareness of social justice issues. Our goal is to spark participants into action in their communities.
We are seeking workshop proposals that address the social justice and diversity goals and learning outcomes of the Summit:
This year's goals are:
* By attending Co-LEADS 2014, students will interact with social justice in their own way.
* By attending Co-LEADS 2014, students will identify a personal connection between leadership and social justice.
The Learning Objectives for this year are:
* By attending Co-LEADS 2014, students will be able to name their identities and how they intersect
* By attending Co-LEADS 2014, students will be able to articulate 3 ways that concepts from this conference impact their campus leadership roles
* By attending Co-LEADS 2014, students will engage in consensual dialogue when confronted with divergent perspectives.
The deadline for proposals to be submitted is Monday, September 15th. Workshop proposals will be reviewed that week, and the presenters will be notified about acceptance that week.
Please fill out the following information, and submit it by the deadline: