The 5th Annual CO-LEADS Student Summit
Our Space, Our Place: Everyday Activism in our Communities
Colorado Leadership for Equity, Advocacy, and Discovering Social Justice
Friday, November 1, 2013 - 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The CO-LEADS conference was established in 2009 by a group of individuals on the Auraria and DU campuses as a way to bridge discussions of leadership and social justice in a meaningful way. The Summit invites college students from across Colorado to join in discussions of social justice, activism, advocacy, and social change. Throughout the day students participate in a number of workshops that challenge, grow, and inspire them to make change in their own lives and their communities. For more information or to register visit our website http://www.du.edu/cme/coleads.html
This year, we'll be exploring the theme, Our Space, Our Place: Everyday Activism in Our Communities.
Our keynote and breakout sessions will engage self-awareness, social systems, personal skills and collaborative action through this lens.
We are seeking workshop proposals that address the social justice and diversity goals and learning outcomes of the Summit:
This year's goals are:
* By attending Co-LEADS 2013, students will interact with social justice in their own way.
* By attending Co-LEADS 2013, students will identify a personal connection between leadership and social justice.
The Learning Objectives for this year are:
* By attending Co-LEADS 2013, students will be able to name their identities and how they intersect
* By attending Co-LEADS 2013, students will be able to articulate 3 ways that concepts from this conference impact their campus leadership roles
* By attending Co-LEADS 2013, students will engage in consensual dialogue when confronted with divergent perspectives.
The deadline for proposals to be submitted is Friday, September 13th. Workshop proposals will be reviewed the week of September 16th, and the entrants will be notified that week.
Please fill out the following information, and submit it by the deadline: